Probably the best and most effective way to become fully immersed into the Spanish language and culture is choosing to live with a host family. Students will share rooms with another student of the same sex studying in the same school group.
On the day of arrival when the students are collected in the airport, they are provided with a detailed map. The location of the school and the host family accommodation is clearly marked on each map.
Families are carefully selected and continually monitored to ensure high living standards are maintained.
It is important to point out that your host family will have different customs and eating habits to those you are accustomed to and meals will be prepared according to local customs and traditions. Also eating times may vary from the times in your country of origin.
All our host families meet the following requirements:
- They are chosen after a careful selection procedure.
- They live within a reasonable distance of the school (5-15 minutes).
- Our host families allow students access to all living areas in the house and in some cases students will be expected to share the bathroom.
- All bed linens and pillows will be provided, however we suggest you bring your own towels.
- A laundry service is provided.
- All students will be accompanied to the school on the first day by a member of the host family.
We ask the accompanying teacher to send us information about any special requests such as special diet, allergies, etc which we need to communicate to the host family.
Causes of change of accommodation:
The school offers students the possibility of moving to another accommodation in the following cases:
- When the student so desires, for a justifiable reason.
- When accompanying teachers consider it appropriate or necessary.
- When the school staff observe that the family does not meet the commitments made at the registration as a host family.
- If there is a lack of understanding or incompatibility between the student and the family, due to a cultural issue or characters, that makes the coexistence difficult.
- Students are allowed a maximum of two changes during their stay.
- The incidents that occur with families will be recorded in our incidents record and will be considered for future collaborations.